|Administrative History||A mission in Ruanda was first considered in 1916, work beginning in 1921 at Kabale on the Uganda border [see G3 A7]. In 1926 the Ruanda Council was formed as a CMS committee responsible for the administration and support of the mission. In 1929 the council took full financial responsibility for the mission, though it was not separated from the Uganda mission until 1933.|
The main places of work were Gahini (1928), S[h]yira and Kigeme (1932) in Ruanda; Kabale (1921) and Bunyoni (1931) in the Kigezi area of Uganda.
|Custodial History||Catalogued by Rosemary Keen 1980.|