|Administrative History||The original expedition to the Nyanza region in 1876 [see A6] ended in 1885 with the death of Bishop Hannington. In 1889 the missionaries returned, but the work was administered as part of the East Africa mission [A5]. In 1897 the diocese of Eastern Equatorial Africa was divided, the Uganda protectorate becoming the diocese of Uganda and the mission was then made a separate administrative unit.|
Of the areas occupied by CMS work began in Busoga (1891), Toro (1896), Bunyoro (1899), Kavirondo (1900-), Ankole (1901), the Acholi country (1904) and the Teso country (1908).
|Custodial History||Catalogued by Rosemary Keen 1980.|