|Administrative History||Work in the Punjab (begun in 1851 at Amritsar soon after the annexation of the province and worked as part of the Calcutta mission), was joined to the mission in Sind (begun at Karachi in 1850 and administered by the Bombay Corresponding Committee) and in 1878 was set up as an autonomous CMS mission.|
Work spread from Amritsar through the Punjab to Kashmir, the North-West Frontier province and Baluchistan. The main stations in Punjab itself were Multan (1856), Narowal (1859), Lahore (1867), Clarkabad (1873), Batala (1878), Tarn Taran (1885) and Pattoki (1917). In Kashmir there was work at Srinagar (1863) and Islamabad (1902) and in the Himalayas at Kotgur (1844) and Simla (1845). In the North-West Frontier Province there were stations at Peshawar (1854), Dera Ismail Khan (1862) and Bannu (1865), and in Baluchistan there was Quetta (1886).
Work in Sind was concentrated at Karachi (1850), Hyderabad (1856) and Sukkur (1859).
|Custodial History||Catalogued by Rosemary A. Keen, 1962-1963. Handlist revised and expanded by Rosemary Keen, 1984-1985.|