|Administrative History||CMS work in Palestine (including Transjordan) began in 1851 in response to an invitation from Bishop Gobat. When the Female Education Society came to an end in 1899 the Society took over their work in Nazareth, Bethlehem and Shefamer. Before 1880, the work of the CMS in Palestine was administered by the Mediterranean mission [see C M]|
The main stations were Jerusalem (1851), Nazareth (1852), Salt (1874), Nablus and Jaffa (1876), Gaza (1878) and Amman (1921). The Palestine Mission was renamed 'Jordan Mission' in 1951.
|Custodial History||Papers of the Mediterranean and Palestine missions were catalogued by: H. S. Cobb 1951. Hard copy handlist revised by: Rosemary Keen 1967-1968. Further revised and expanded by: Rosemary Keen 1980-1981. Deposited in the Library of the University of Birmingham, 1981.|