|The CMS Lay Worker's Union was founded in 1882 to provide help and instruction for men who taught in Sunday Schools, to enable them to give missionary addresses to the children. Branches were formed in various parts of London and the suburbs and were called "Missionary Bands". They were individually named after CMS mission stations, the first being "Mpwapwas". The Union changed its name to CMS Laymen's Luncheon Fellowship in 1953. It continued to meet in Salisbury Square until 1966 when the Society moved to Waterloo Road.
|Deposited with the CMS by L. Sankey, March 1976; transferred on permanent loan to the Special Collections Department by the CMS in the 1980s