Finding Number (Click this to view full catalogue structure)DA48
TitleRecords of Weoley Hill United Reformed Church
Extent27 boxes
DescriptionPulpit notices, 1922-1992; session minutes, 1918-1989; Sunday School minutes, 1948-1977; Chetwynd Hall minutes, 1918-1922; Congregational meeting minutes, 1922-1990; Women's Guild minutes, reports and other papers, 1931-1969; Committee of Management minutes, 1934-1972; correspondence and other papers, 1915-1979; annual reports, 1962-1982; church magazines; photographs; church history (published in 1983)
Access ConditionsAccess to all registered readers, however, some confidential material is subject to a 50 year closure period.
Finding AidsThis is a preliminary description and will be enhanced at a future date. A temporary box list of the first deposit is available in the Special Collections Department on request. Additional records, dated 1972-2013, are not yet available for research. For further information please contact Special Collections.
Access StatusOpen, subject to some restrictions
Administrative HistoryThe Presbyterian Chapel in Green Meadow Road, Weoley Hill was dedicated in 1933, although the congregation had been founded in 1922. A published history of Church is available with the archives.
Source: A History of the County of Warwick, Volume VII, The City of Birmingham, The Victoria History of the Counties of England (Oxford University Press, Institute of Historical Research, 1964).
Custodial HistoryThe first deposit was made by the Weoley Hill United Reformed Church with the Selly Oak Colleges Library in 1983. A number of subsequent deposits have been made since then. The collection was transferred to the Orchard Learning Resources Centre which was opened in 1997 following the merger of the Selly Oak Colleges Library and the Westhill College Library. In 2000, the custodianship of all archive collections held at the Orchard Learning Resources Centre was transferred to the University of Birmingham.
Associated MaterialsWeoley Hill United Reformed Church has retained its marriage registers, 1934 onwards, communicants and other roll books and other documents.
Publication NoteWeoley Hill United Reformed Church 1915-1983. An Account by Margaret Glen and John Bartlett to celebrate the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Opening of the Buildings on 1 July 1933 (Birmingham, Weoley Hill Church, 1983)