|Administrative History||The University of Birmingham Mountaineering Club (UBMC), whose members were also known as 'The Stoats', was established in 1932. An affiliation developed between the UBMC and the Midland Association of Mountaineers and the two organisations have retained close links. The UBMC is still an active student society with regular meets and events throughout the year.|
For the 1932-1933 session J. R. Jenkins was the UBMC's first President, C. R. Nicholls was Secretary and R. P. Verschoyle was Treasurer. According to the UBMC constitution as at April 1958, the object of the club was to assist members in their mountaineering activities. Membership was open to all members of the University of Birmingham Guild of Students and the club was administered by a committee comprising the President, Secretary, Treasurer and three other members. Annual General Meetings were held during the summer term and members paid an annual subscription. Upon leaving the University members could pay a subscription to entitle them to Life Membership of the club.