|Rubbing of obverse and reverse of brass effigy, kneeling at a prie-dieu with open book; inscription in Latin. Rubbing made by J. A. Barker, May-Jun 1938.
Notes made on the sheet indicate that the rubbing of the reverse, which shows the face of a civilian is possibly of German origin, circa 1360 and that the reverse of the inscription which shows part of a tomb decoration including fragment of inscription is possibly of Flemish origin, circa 1500.
|Formerly in the collection of Keith Train and subsequently in the collection of J. Roger Greenwood; MBS 5480