|Administrative History||Sir Henry William Hugh Warren, 1891-1961. Warren attended Merchant Venturers' Technical College, Bristol. He worked as a Demonstrator (Chemistry and Physics) at Bristol University, 1907-1911; and was employed by the British Thomson-Houston Co. Ltd, Rugby from 1911 until 1947, where he was Director of Research (for 24 years), Director of Engineering and Managing Director. He was Managing Director of Associated Electrical Industries Limited from 1948 until his retirement in 1954. Warren was knighted in 1951. His publications include Electrical Insulating Materials, 1931; various technical papers on electrical ignition, synthetic resins, engineering materials, education, research, production of light; and miscellaneous essays. Reference: Who Was Who ( A&C Black ). |
A typed note at the front of the file states "The content of this file are of utmost historical interest being probably the only remaining source of information relating to the early use of the cavity magnetron, as opposed to the much published 'development' at Birmingham University. It is also probably the only source of information on the B.T.H. role in the development of the high power magnetron, high power modulators, and the GL111".