Finding Number (Click this to view full catalogue structure)UB/GUILD/A/19
TitleExtension committee
Extent1 volume
DescriptionMeetings took place roughly on a monthly basis between 1938 and 1939. The committee was called the Union Extensions Commission at this time. Minutes cease by March 1939 and resume in December 1943 when the committee is called the Union Development committee. These minutes include a typescript report on proposed alterations and additions discussed in 1938 and 1939 for consideration by the newly reformed committee. Members included Guild permanent staff. Discussion centres on plans for improvements to specific rooms in the Union building and includes some floor plans with details about furniture, lighting and flooring
Access StatusOpen
Administrative HistoryThe Extension committee dealt with matters relating to plans to extend the Guild building at Edgbaston during the 1930s and 1940s. It is possible that the committee continued to function after this date, but no minutes survive


    Some of our most significant collections