|Hall spent 3 years at the Baptist Academy in Bristol. He attended Aberdeen University but later returned to Bristol. He became tutor at the Academy and assistant minister at Broadmead Chapel, and later became pastor of what is now St. Andrew's Street Baptist Church, Cambridge. In 1807, he moved to Harvey Lane, Leicester and married Mary [nee ?], a maid-servant. He returned to Broadmead circa 1827.