; Cannock Chase and Wolverhampton Railway Company Limited; 1864-20th century
The Cannock Chase and Wolverhampton Railway Company was incorporated by the powers of the 1864 Cannock Chase and Wolverhampton Railway Act. This Act authorised the construction of a line to link the Great Western Railway at Cannock Road to the private Cannock Chase Railway at Burntwood (a hamlet 3.5 miles west of Lichfield). A branch was later to join the Cannock Chase Extension Railway. The company was further empowered by Parliament in 1866 to build a five mile extension to South Staffordshire at Hednesford (the Hednesford Railway was completed in 1868), and an extension of the Company's line to the Midland Railway at Wichnor.
Cannock Chase and Wolverhampton Railway Company Limited
Some of our most significant collections
Papers of Neville Chamberlain
Joseph Chamberlain Collection
Noel Coward Collection