CMS Telegu mission; 1924-1934
A Corresponding Committee was set up in Calcutta in 1807 and with the renewal of the East India Company's Charter in 1813 when missionaries were allowed into the country it took on the role of a CMS Auxiliary. The first CMS missionaries to North India did not reach Calcutta until 1816. In Madras a Corresponding Committee was formed in November 1814 and the missionaries arrived the following year. A Corresponding Committee for CMS work in Bombay was formed in June 1818, though the first missionary did not arrive until 1820.
On 30 July 1924 the Standing Committee of Dornakal Diocesan Council made the Kistna Administrative Committee responsible for the work of the Telegu and Khammamett Church Councils, including the Church of England Zenana Missionary Society's work in Dornakal diocese.
CMS Telegu mission
Some of our most significant collections
Save The Children
Joseph Chamberlain Collection
Oswald Mosley papers (Nicholas Mosley deposit)
Oswald Mosley papers, principally deposited by Lady Diana Mosley